
Where Am I? Who Am I?
This is my planner for the month of January. I like to write it down because then I have a second chance of remembering. But I don't think the compact size calendar is going to work much longer as I am already writing in 5 point type. Do you see how much is on there? And that doesn't include last minute things, J going to school every day and Keith's unexpected trips.
I know that most families seem overextended in "to do's" and that I'm not the only one but lately I have been making major date input errors.
For example, I was convinced that J's surgery date was Feb. 5th - but when they called to schedule the pre-op and post-op visits, I realized that the only mistake was in my head. Even the paper that was given to me agreed with the nurse. To my defense I had spent the entire afternoon in a boring tan hospital with a four year old and no toys or snacks. By then I was pretty withered and just trying to keep J from spinning across the room on the stool with wheels.
But things like this keep happening to me - and I am VERY GOOD about keeping everything on a calendar. It's like my brain is made of swiss cheese and things keep falling through the holes.
Long story short, this is my way of telling you that the surgery is MARCH 5th. Now, can someone tell that to me again?
1 comment:
It's the "mommy brain". I swear our kids make us dumber : )
I have also done that though. Once you get a date stuck in your head it is hard to convince yourself otherwise- even if your planner says the correct one!
Post a Comment