Stupid is as Stupid does...
This morning I was relaying the bad news to Keith that we had to actually drive down to our gym to register for private swim lessons for J. Apparently you can register for just about anything else over the phone, but not that. So Keith replies with:
Well, that's stupid.
J immediately froze, you could see his eyes widen and ears perk up. What to do with this information?? The underlying glee was shining through his skin and he carefully said:
You said stupid. You don't say that.
Keith: I know I did. I'm sorry. You're right, I shouldn't have said that.
J: Well, I'm going to have to pray to God because you said that.
J, kneeling down on floor with exaggerated flourish: Dear God, please forgive my dad for saying bad things. He didn't know it. Amen.
Sigh.
4 comments:
TOO funny! At least our kids can help us get to Heaven, right?
I can just SEE the exaggerated flourish! So dramatic...so funny! Guess you'll really have to watch what you say around J. I've found I have two different sets of vocabulary words...those I use around my kids at school (silly, mean, angry) and those I use elsewhere (stupid, jerk, pissed)! It's a challenge to make sure I don't use my grown up words at school!
You know Jackson says some of the funniest stuff... you have quite the comedian.. and NOTHING gets passed him!
I can also just see Jackson doing this! Too cute and funny!
And... I agree with Keith, it is stupid!
Post a Comment