Jim being sung Happy Birthday from 200 strangers in a piano bar
Why I Can No Longer Party Like A Rock Star
In honor of our friend Jim's 40th birthday, his wife arranged a surprise limo to pick us all up and take us throughout downtown Milwaukee. It was a grand time and I could really get used to always being dropped off and picked up at the front door of any establishment. Do you hear that honey??
Rock Stars ride in limousines.
I get sick in the backseat of a car. I'm sure Rock Stars don't make everyone else sit sideways as they nervously blast the AC.
Rock Stars stay out all night.
They have nannies to watch the kids in the morning when they are catching up on sleep. Our children went to bed promptly, much to the babysitters delight, and woke up promptly at 7 AM, much to our dismay.
Rock Stars do not drink water at bars.
And CERTAINLY do not get charged for bottled water. Why exactly can't I have water from the tap?
Rock Stars do not drag children home at 2 AM in the cold from the sitters.
And I am sure they do not leave behind vital components such as pillows and dollbabies in the process.
I think my Rock Star lifestyle may be behind me now. Although I can be pretty demanding...just ask Keith.

2 comments:
You guys have such an active out and about social life.. I am jealous.
We are lucky with having such fun neighbors. I can't wait to see you Monday night though! Frozen drinks baby - you will need one by then :)
Post a Comment