Most conversations about this show start off like this:
What?? You don't watch Grey's Anatomy?? (insert what's wrong with you stare)
There. It's Out. I Don't.
I know its a good show. I know the doctors are cute. I know everyone else is doing it.
But I think I've already seen it...it was called ER. Back in the day when ER was actually still good and the original McDreamy still ruled the hospital.
And I'm sure it is a good show. I mean, even my inlaws watch it and I KNOW they have some pretty racy themes in that show. So it must be good.
I really have always liked Patrick Dempsey - ever since Can't Buy Me Love. I am not familiar with any other cast members but he always has put a smile on my face. So why haven't I watched it? I dunno. I guess by now I am so tired of the hype that I'm afraid its going to disappoint. Well, that and I watch way too much TV as it is - I can't afford to suck my time away with yet another show.
Not that my television palate is refined by any means. I do enjoy a bit o' Wife Swap, I am still addicted to Survivor and on Sunday nights I am a Desperate Housewife.
So you can work now on your feelings of pity for me. And for the record, we also can't talk about Boston Legal, Amazing Race, The Apprentice or 24- for I have not seen any of those shows either.
But if you want to dish about Ugly Betty, Scrubs, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, Gilmore Girls, New Adventures of Old Christine or Ghost Whisperer... I am HERE for you.

9 comments:
Grey's Anatomy...love the show. And your right about ER...really went down hill. Other than that, I'm a HGTV fan or a good book. Yep, we are getting old.
Love,
Nancy
Oh, next blog entry is already in the works about my new addiction to HGTV.
We are usually TV-free on weekends and I'm trying to get a book finished tonight if I can stay away from HGTV.
I have a feeling my "what's wrong with you stare" may have initiated this post : ) Grey's Anatomy is good, but Gilmore Girls is still better anyway...
BTW- my HGTV addiction blog is just sitting in my head- I can't decide if I want to admit it to that many people!
Actually I almost put a disclaimer in it that you did not initiate it at all - but then I thought that may be dorky! I've been getting it for a year now :)
OK, I do watch Grey's Anatomy. AND FOR THE RECORD.. MC DREAMY, not STEAMY. Steamy is NOT my type.
I do have very UNREFINED television shows... Real World, Real World Road Rules Challenge, My sweet sixteen, NIP TUCK, Old Christine, and sometimes Sabrina the Teenage Witch... LOSER. I love the talking CAT! Actually I have been obcessed with witch TV shows since a child... But I have to tell you I WATCH TV, I do not talk about it.
BIG pet peeves of mine.. Talk about stars and tv shows.
SO there will be NO talk on our outing!
Oh GOOD. I cannot wait until Monday night when we can discuss if Sabrina "jumped the shark" when she ditched Harvey or if it was when she went to college.
Just kidding. Discussing stars is a lot like talking about dreams. They are fun to have but no matter how interesting they are - they are always boring to discuss with others :)
Mark me down as a fellow NOT INTO GREY'S ANATOMY! No reason but that I find other crap to watch at the same time. And I'm finding myself drooling over the desire to have HGTV...you know I love to watch the fix-it up shows!
Glad to hear I'm not the only dork who watches Ghost Whisperer! Aaron makes fun of me all the time for it! I don't watch Grey's either. 24 is awesome, I just wish I would have rented it instead of waiting for it every week.
I look forward to TV. It USUALLY means the kids are in bed (not asleep, but in bed). Now if we can get the baby to sleep around 8 or so, I'll be back to "normal."
.
Post a Comment