Keith's finally home. Thank goodness. The children's demeanor and my parenting skills were going quickly downhill. I couldn't bear to make another meal Sunday night so the children and I ate at Target. That's right. Target. And in their kids meals we were happy to find a nice surprise...
It's the kids meal pack designed by J. Otto Seibold - you know the illustrator who did Olive the dog? Anyway, it's way cool and even came with a little book. I have no use for the packaging - as the mac n' cheese and applesauce are long gone but I can't seem to part with it either.
Then I went down to Chicago to meet my friend Amie from Cincinnati and do some shopping and eating. We did both children-free and had a great time. At one point in PF Chang's I was laughing so hard at one of her stories that I almost fell out of my elevated platform booth. Her driving skills that night were cracking me up.
HGTV should be banned along with smoking and crack. I am now completely addicted to House Hunters and If These Walls Could Talk. And now my only problem isn't that it is on four times a day, but now I am resentful of the California people buying houses in tshirts near the beach. I had to shovel my driveway the other day in order to get my kids to school in 15 degree weather. House Hunters is making me feel violent to those in warm weather states.
So I was running (okay, walking) the track at the gym yesterday and as a guy ran (actually running) past I thought Well, he's nice looking. And then I realized....HE. WAS. OLD. Probably late forties - early fifties, well toned...but old. And now I realize that I. AM. OLD. because five years ago that thought would have made me feel a bit queasy.
L had her two year check up today at the doctor's office. One of her evaluation questions was "Can she make sentences using at least two words -forming a complete sentence?" And my answer was does "Go Away!" count? I think that is a complete thought.
2 comments:
Random thoughts on your blog...
I love the Target meal- I'm going to have to take the kids there.
HGTV is WAY addicting. I love "Get Color" and "Designed to Sell". I stopped watching "House Hunters" because I had watched them all (very pathetic!)
I also hate everyone who lives where it is warm.
I am old also, but because I can't remember the last time I looked at a random guy and thought he was hot (very, very pathetic!)
HMMM the Target meal? I have to check this out! I had a great time on our child free evening... and HEY my driving skills are GREAT! : )
Post a Comment