It's a Small World....After All.
Why does this stuff always happen to me?
Today we hosted a playgroup for Welcome Wagon's Mom's and Tots group. I've only met these women for a brief 20 minutes two months ago without the kids so I wasn't sure what to expect but Jen was here to help out so it actually was one of the easiest playgroups I've ever hosted...
EXCEPT for my big mouth.
As soon as the moms and kids started piling into our house and we started the round of introductions J announces in a large voice "I don't LIKE AJ!" - the name of this poor, innocent guest standing in our hallway. Mortified, I assumed that he was talking about the AJ in his preschool class, the one he usually comes home complaining about..."AJ pushed me", "AJ said he doesn't like me", "AJ's mean" - we hear it all of the time. And since everyone was listening to this warm welcoming I felt like I needed to say something...so I said, "J, this isn't the same AJ that is in your class, this is a different one and we need to be nice to him. You need to be nice to both AJs" - or something to that affect - and then I looked up at the moms and explained that he "butts heads" with a child named AJ in his preschool class.
Yup, you might have already guessed that it was indeed the same AJ...and the same AJ's mom.
I mean, REALLY? What are the odds?
5 comments:
I love it - I absolutely love it!!! Just think, it could have been so much worse!!! I am laughing out loud here - you're going to be able to write a book someday!!!
I figure if not a book at least my kids can hand it over to their therapists :)
When you become a mom your children obtain the power to insert your foot in your mouth for you- it's unfortunate, I know. Hopefully AJ's mom was understanding.
OOOH MY!!! If you need a place to hide, come on down! Fortunately this too will pass if AJ's Mom has any sense of humor...LOVE YOU!!!
UGH! I'm sure we've have all been there or will be there soon. I'm sure the other mom has heard stories of Jackson....so it is probably a two way street. And if she can't laugh it off, then maybe she isn't the right friend for you. Anyway the boys fight, so it's not like your going to have one on one playdates anytime soon!
Post a Comment