Friday, December 01, 2006

Today we woke up to one of those Little House on the Prairie snows. You know the kind that sticks to the windows around the sides and bottom? The kind that usually only exists in aerosol cans and television sitcom sets?

Everything was covered. The drifts on our porch have hidden the huge wood pile, the car is barely peeking out from under its blanket and the swing on the playset has at least a foot of snow sitting on it swinging gently back and forth in endless fun. It seems to be the heavy, wet kind that sticks to things sideways and perfect for playing in.

But I don't wanna go. That scenario falls into the excessive amounts of work category. I tend to avoid doing anything that falls voluntarily into that category. Like the beach or camping, I'm always glad once I'm out there but the work beforehand tends to overwhelm me. I have a limited supply of energy for the day and I like to use it up taking a shower, cleaning up the house or fixing dinner. Or lately, BodyCombat which is dying for a post by itself much later.

I thought I was in the clear today - with weather forecasters calling it a blizzard. And when J asked if we could go outside RIGHT NOW I told him sadly that we don't get to play in blizzards, as it must be too cold.

But its only 33 degrees outside, Keith said. And from the looks of it out the window, no excessive winds either.

Drat! Don't these weather people know what a blizzard is? This is just SNOW. Lots of it.

I'm more of the ski vacation variety that likes to get out there and ski all morning, exhaust myself and spend the rest of the day reading a book in the lobby by the fire, sitting in a hot tub and getting a massage. Er, at least that is what I would do if I actually took ski vacations anymore. Those that went out for another run always puzzled me - but we have already done that. Don't you want to relax now?

But I digress, the snow is beautiful today and we plan to take advantage of it for sure. Snow days in the north sound very much like warm summer evenings. Instead of lawn mowers humming in the distance, its snowblowers.

I hope the weather is just as lovely wherever you are today!

No comments: