Tuesday, December 12, 2006



For Sale FREE: Four Year Old Artist

Ruins carpet Likes to use industrial fabrics, chalk and sticky tape as medium.

Will turn on a dime if not getting his way Like most artists, very temperamental with sudden bouts of rage and tears.

Can be very demanding Has star-like qualities

Better come quick, mother booking plane ticket to Jamaica with rum in hand as we speak Priced to sell, available immediately.

No Waiting!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES! I hate to see his punishment! Alex has done many things like this. It became a daily thing too! Finally we got a little motivation going and it seems to have come to a minimum. He still gets into things, but doesn't do as much damage anymore. I can't tell you how many times I've stuck my hand under the couch cleaning up and felt a gooey sucker or fruit snack embedded in the carpet. UGH!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

We didn't really punish him - he felt pretty bad about it (we made sure of that!). He doesn't really damage stuff - so unlike him.

But what a clean up THAT was! And you can still see it - oh well.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!! We need some artwork like that to cover up our "high traffic areas"!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Even though I saw this masterpiece first-hand with you, your entry made me laugh so hard I think I pee'd a little. Especially the "star quality" part. (I love strike-through's).

We should have taken a shot of "2-Ply Boulevard", the 6 foot length of toilet paper that J scotch-taped to the carpet and lined up with a traffic jam of Hotwheels.

That-a-girl...keep finding humor in all this.

Keith

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I know that it is not a funny situation, but I applaud your sanity keeping humor. BTW- can I go to Jamaica with you?

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Sure anonymous! I'll take anyone needing some Jamaica time with me. Just please don't make me stay at the Sunspree Resort again - too many kids. Are there any kid-free resorts? Just wondering...

just4ofus said...

Thank goodness it was chalk, right?
Love the strike throughs too!

Anonymous said...

heee