
Oh Canada!
I'm sorry...when did we become Canucks?
This year's holiday preparation was done over a two week time and with half a brain (between us). So it was a surprise, even to me who did it, to walk by the playroom window and realize that we were decking our halls Canadian-style.
Unfortunately the picture is a bit dark, but in putting out my Mountie Nesting Dolls (leave me alone, I collect nesting dolls, so what? And I only own two - the mountie and an owl, got a problem with that?) and some of J's school art projects, it took me a while to realize that his beautiful pottery leaf is actually a maple leaf. And we all know what country maple leaves symbolize right?
Maybe this is a sign that he should have stayed with that Canadian company he just left, or maybe we are destined to keep moving farther North, or maybe I need to reevaluate exactly what holiday decorating IS anyway. Regardless, our little shrine to Canada is staying. A nice little happy coincidence that should make Neil Young, Celine Dion, Leonard Cohen or Lucy Maude Montgomery proud. (I threw in Lucy for you Rosann!)
And please don't start buying me nesting dolls - I'm darn picky which is why after years of collecting I only own two. Can you even call two dolls a collection?
1 comment:
Actually three makes a collection but you're on your way and I'm glad you mentioned not getting you any because I would have started looking! Clearly I haven't been good about staying in touch because I didn't know Keith changed jobs again. Does this mean I need to start looking into getting a passport? -Jemel
Post a Comment