
Note to Santa: Mom and Dad Not Doing So Well On Your List
The kids sent their letters out today to Santa. In our house, Santa only brings you three gifts, just like Jesus got three gifts on his birth. See? We tied in the religious celebration and stopped potential greediness from occurring. Three gifts - sounds easy right?
L was easy - you want a play kitchen right? (she'll say yes to anything) What color do you think she would want J? (please say pink! please say pink!) "Pink". Great! We'll add that in too. Maybe some play food and a phone? Awesome. Done.
Poor J - the only gift on his list that I have so far is the mailbox - we found a large three foot cardboard one that looks like the blue boxes on the corners of streets. The train and Star of Bethlehem are fairly new requests and therefore not anticipated. Maybe I need to stop shopping in August for his gifts from now on.
Other holiday thoughts:
The Peanut characters say "Stupid" a lot in A Charlie Brown Christmas. Just ask J - he starts jumping up and down and shrieking every time it is said. Half horrified and half excited that someone else is saying something that he is always wanting to.
Has anyone else noticed how raunchy Two And A Half Men has gotten lately? I'm no prude but the Christmas show was a bit uncomfortable. Someone needs to enlighten them that they are still on primetime network air.
Candied marshmallow lollipops is a fantastic idea for classmate gifts (thanks Family Fun). For that idea alone, you have earned yourself a spot on our magazine renewal list once again.
6 comments:
When I got home I pulled out my Family Fun clipping from making Will's hot chocolate cones- I thought I had seen those marshmallow pops somewhere! So cute. Thanks!
Shannon
I also second the Charlie Brown comment and will add that most of my favorite other old Christmas movies are a little more harsh & less PC than Dora and Pinky Dinky Doo. I was cringing while we watched Rudolph.
-Shannon
I am glad to see that there are others who thought that the Charlie Brown characters are slightly mean and just plain unhappy! I think that of most of the older cartoons, a bit less PC. However, I will continue to show these to my children b/c I guess I turned out OK, and b/c they provided such great memories and traditions!
Plus the animation is quite humerous, especially on the old Rudolph ones etc.
I am intrigued, I must find this episode of two and a half men. However, I can not say I would be uncomfortable, I am a HUGE fan of Nip Tuck, which is on network television and I think would BLOW the pants off two and 1/2 men on reciness.... : )
GREAT... We're watching Charlie Brown Christmas @ school on Monday. Maybe the kids won't hear the word Stupid?? Yeah right! That should be interesting!
Sarah
I love your posts - J's requests are great - have fun finding that star!!!
Post a Comment