Thursday, January 10, 2008

My So-Called Life

I was complaining a week or so ago to a friend that I was dry on material for the blog and having a hard time coming up with something interesting to write about.

So she helpfully explained: But that it what you are great at - making the ordinary, mundane stuff entertaining.

That's me. Writing about my life. Writing about the mundane.

Good grief my life is a bit boring isn't it?! This is not the revelation you want to have in the middle of January in Wisconsin where the adventure to be had with three little ones is about nil.

I guess I could write about the time I went skydiving and the plane I was riding in had to be jump started by a mid 70's Chevy pickup, or maybe the time I woke up on the ground in the middle of Yellowstone National Park with a bison chewing grass next to me or how about the time my friend Laura and I camped our way up to Maine one summer and stopped in Salem, MA to sleep in a spooky vacant downtown campground only to be driven out in the middle of the night by "unexplained phenomenons".

I have had my share of adventures, probably more than the average person. Which is maybe why I am okay at this juncture in my life talking about the whimsical joys of dish soap bubbles. I plan to have more adventures later when the babies don't need me as much, but for now I am *usually* content to fascinate you with my nap time struggles or, for example, my issues with couponing.

My idea of a good time is not climbing a glacier anymore, but rather getting a bag of childrens clothes at Value Village thrift shop for $13. See, I would climb a glacier but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to find an electrical outlet up there to express breast milk.

So in order to shake things up a bit around here, and ensure that I could actually climb a glacier again if the opportunity arose - I've decided to do THIS. See, I'm not mundane...just stupid.

More on that later.

2 comments:

just4ofus said...

Good for you!
Triathlon....I have always wanted to do a triathlon. I just don't understand the art of swimming, hopping on to the bike and then running. All while wet. It baffles me. Let me know how the transitions go.
You go!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I wish I had the determination to do something like that. Instead I get my kicks playing the Sims or doing stupid computer things.