Our porch thermometer says it is 5 degrees outside
Today is so cold that we scratched the idea of going up to the museum today and opted to stay home instead. I was trying to think of things to do and suggested what we could organize for the kids while we do a home project.
Or, Keith said, we could play with them.
Hmmm! I never even thought of that. We do lots with our kids but usually when we're around the house they are on their own. So as a family we played some games, drank hot chocolate and did playdoh. And it was actually kind of FUN. Not the usual stuck in the house, wanting to kill each other sort of day that we usually have after being together a bit too much. And it only took me five and a half years of parenting to come up with this novel idea. Some might call us slow...
And thanks WACmom for giving me the inspiration to dust off my felt board and let the kids come up with stories. I haven't gotten it out since we lived in Cincinnati. Sure they fought over who was on whose side of the board, but it kept them busy while I fed the baby and Keith made lunch.
The morning went so well that I don't feel a bit guilty about popping some popcorn for J this afternoon and turning on a movie. He is watching this right now and oblivious to the fact that the animated rodent is as fake as can be. As a lover of this book series, I tried to watch it with him and can't. It is BAD. Someone needs to redo this book Stuart Little style.
1 comment:
I. AM. DONE. WITH. WINTER.
Post a Comment