Sunday, June 03, 2007




Shark Tales...

Well J's birthday-o-rama is officially over. Traditionally in my family birthdays usually stretch out the entire week. J has carried on that tradition well.

It started out last Saturday with a cookout while the Richters were here and we set up the bounce house - the gift from us- so the kids could go to town and enjoy the weather.

Then on Tuesday, his actual birthday, we had ice cream cake and balloons at lunch and opened presents from the grandparents, L and Richters.

Wednesday was celebrated at school. I brought in 30 homemade cupcakes and he helped write "The Story of Jackson" while his teacher showed the class photos from every year of his life. Their idea - not mine.

Finally, on Friday he had a Shark Party at the pool with a few friends. He had a blast eating cake, swimming and opening more presents with his best buds around.

But hold on, there's more, the party seems to continue only he's not the one opening presents. Tonight he had a birthday party at the gym, Wednesday he's going to another at Chuck E Cheese and Thursday night is yet another hosted at our local zoo.

Sitting in the back seat tonight on the way home from Charlie's party, sucking on his third Dum Dum, he announced....

I just LOVE birthday parties!

I'll bet you do.....

2 comments:

just4ofus said...

Happy Birthday.
You are BRAVE having the party at the pool.
I am not that brave.

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

No, no not brave...STUPID. It went fine but I don't think I'll do that again until they are getting closer to teen age :)

Way to stressful.