Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All of the presidential candidates are setting up offices in the Second Life...I thought this was funny



Someones home or office that I snaked off their site





Good Thing I Still Have My First Life To Fall Back On

I happened to catch one of my favorite blogger's newest entries on Second Life (you seriously have to read this!) and couldn't help but laugh hysterically. I, too, have had some unfortunate experiences in Second Life and my avatar, Georgia Haas, has literally been swaying back and forth in orientation for months. Not being a gamer, maybe I am at a REAL disadvantage because I have no idea how to work any of it and gave up in boredom rather quickly.

But the whole very real social and economic structure that has evolved from this fascinates me to no end. This is a very "real" world where you can make money, lead political campaigns, start music careers, and I guess lead the life you have always wanted to in the real world. My friend Amie who introduced me to it says that there are whole companies who work in the Second Life and make real money and products in our world. But their headquarter is located in this virtual one and you can even go into their offices and see them working. Again, fascinated. People "own" real estate in this world and you can even make money off of selling it.

But my last gaming experience was probably in high school when my sister received a Nintendo 64 for Christmas and I spent a good five days perfecting Super Mario Brothers without eating or sleeping. That's pretty much it.

So if you are in Second Life and happen to come across my catatonic counterpart, give her a kiss for me. She was created and left to die soon thereafter. Poor Georgia, maybe someone will rescue her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Georgie indeed. This post made me smile all morning. I kept thinking of how I have barely enough time and energy to live and enjoy my first life - much less a second!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

WAC-Mom said...

Wow! I have never even heard of such a thing. I'll have to check it out- although as a non-gamer, I'm sure that I will be bald and topless too!

just4ofus said...

If you ever get out of orientation, you can visit Jason's company on Second Life.
You know they hold business meetings there.
: )
For real.