
Ann Coulter is a....
Well, this here is a family blog so as much as I want to write the word...I'll refrain. But does anyone really like her? I mean really? I guess so or otherwise her books wouldn't sell. Did you catch her on Hardball sounding off with Elizabeth Edwards? I'm no John Edwards fan but boy does Elizabeth look ten times better than Ann right about now. So thanks a lot Ann - his approval ratings just went up I'm sure. If you missed the conversation click here.
I used to say the same about Hillary Clinton - I never met anyone - Democrat or otherwise- who actually liked her. But good friends of Keith's from childhood are big supporters of her and it was interesting to hear why they liked her - because I've honestly never heard a positive opinion although I'm sure there are many more out there. I still wouldn't vote for her but I liked having a normal, civilized discussion about it with people who don't vote down a party line. And I like having differing opinions with someone and still able to move jovially onto a funny conversation about kid's toilet training stories without pettiness and contempt.
Somehow I don't see Ann and Elizabeth getting to that point in their relationship. I mean, once you start making fun of someones dead son - I think the gloves come off. But hey - she has to sell books right? And there are plenty of left wing jerks too right? So that makes it okay?
So again, I ask you does anyone actually like her? I don't want to hear rants on why you hate her too - I want to refrain from bashing as there is enough of that out there I am sure.
You can be anonymous in your reply - I don't care. I just want to hear why....
4 comments:
Welcome.. you now have Tumbleweeds too!
I really don't know enough about this topic to tell you what I think.
Otherwise I would. : )
Yeah, either no one else likes her and can't think of anything positive to say...or everyone likes to stay in the happy land of non-confrontation.
I'll go with the latter :)
I think your right, the happy land of non-confrontation : )
I have to agree that Ann is pretty tacky. And it sounds like she doesn't know how to truly debate the issues. Which is sad since that is apparently her job. I think Elizabeth handled herself very well.
Post a Comment