I've never had a Dilly Bar. I know, I know, you all have and are raising your eyebrows in complete confusion. I guess that part of my childhood was overlooked by my non-Dairy Queen loving parents. We went to a local ice cream joint called Piggy's. They didn't carry the well known Dilly Bar. But now that my children have been introduced, it will never be the same. A big thank you to the Wilkins Family for coming to the rescue!
A kickin' birthday party for Lachia, turning 5 and Lorenzo, turning 2 was quite the event. There was all levels of eating...off plates, off picnic tables and off of the ground. The latter being my child, who is old enough to know better, and Cate, who is 13 months.
Pinata fun. Birthday girl knocked it down after about five whacks.
And after the zebra was dismembered by hungry, anxious preschoolers, the leg was useful for carrying loot around in.
Even after being decapitated, he still swung merrily from the tree with a smile.
Oh, and back to the Dumpster Divin' discussion? Tonight our neighbors who are rehabbing the house next door put out a sun faded, dirty but perfectly lovely baby bike on the curb for pickup. As they left for dinner, we went out to snag it. After a good power washing it will be a great bike for kid #3, which of course I didn't plan on and thus gave away the perfectly new one we had for L. And we just realized that they also discarded a really nice paneled antique door from the house. We need one more door for our basement project and are planning to snag that too when they leave for the night. Yahoo!
4 comments:
Is this the big brick that Steve and I toured TWICE?? I noticed a week or so ago that it was for sale again....has it already resold, or did I read the sign wrong?? I would have loved to take on the project of revamping that grand old plae. Sometimes I still lay at night and plan it all out in my head. =) AHH if only money grew on trees and I have extra time to spare.
Not the party but the house behind the Dilly bar picture is our backyard with the house next store in the background. And YES it is for sale again. They completely redid the inside so there isn't much to redo - but it looks amazing. I think there are pictures of it online now...
About the dumpster diving- our best find was a perfectly good ping-pong table without net or paddles. Those were easy to add and now it's a fun free set :)
p.s. If you haven't tried the Buster Bar from Dairy Queen, it is pretty tasty too - think Dilly Bar plus peanuts and fudge inside - Yum! They no longer carry my favorite- the Chipper Sandwich. Ice cream between choc. chip cookies and rolled in chips- how could there not be a demand for that? :)
Post a Comment