Sunday, December 18, 2005


Major project. I'm trying to download my entire collection of cd's to the family computer. K loves when I get into a zone because her normally organized desk becomes overrun with piles of slippery cd's sans cases and the computer runs slow because it's working so hard. I have a great system though that allows me to rip one album, set up the other and be on my way in seconds. But the one speedbump is my OCD nature when it comes to music, requiring me to tag every album cover through amazon.com so my iTunes catalog is tidy. Freak show, I know. But in my defense, there are people out there that, if the art is not satisfactory, will actually scan their own and then post it for moochers like me.

For example, this is the original album cover for U2's debut album Boy but was rejected by the US distributors so MonkeyBoy72 out there made sure this cover was available for all to use for their electronic filing. And I'm the geek. K, all I have left to rip is international and children's music...

6 comments:

Living Stone said...

Insane but fun...

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

*Yawn* ssssskkkkkkkkkxxxxxxxzzzzzz....

OH! Did I miss something? On to interesting topics now... :)

Karri

Living Stone said...

This totally explains why Keith doesn't know what day it is and Karri is missing her engagements....there's too much loading, uploading, downloading, dubloading, subloading, disloading, unloading, McLoading going on over there.

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Hey now. All I loaded yesterday was a dozen kids cd's. Like I said, I'm almost done; just a few more to go.

Thanks again for sitting with us at church; my sinus infection seems to be fading so I can see with my right eye again. That's always nice.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.

keith

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

No, it is an OBSESSION. Trust me. Karri

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

McLoading...that was funny!