Saturday, October 20, 2007

Showered With Love


Last night I thought I was going to a Pampered Chef party out of pity to a good friend, WAC Mom, whose neighbor forced her to come. While not entirely stoked about Pampered Chef, I joined her because mostly I was just glad to get out of the house for a few hours. Little did I know that when I went to her house an entire baby shower was planned in my honor and about 12 friends were all gathered there to celebrate little E.

I think the last time I was truly that surprised was on my 5th birthday when my mom threw me a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs party and it was a surprise because I had forgotten it was even my birthday to begin with. And then there was the sweet shower that my friends in Cincy (Katrina, Laureen and Angela) threw to help me cheer up with all of the difficulty L's pregnancy brought on. Now that I think about it, I've had a shower for every baby. And while the gifts are wonderful, it is even more special to just have celebrated that particular baby.

I never in a million years would have expected or anticipated a shower for a third baby but it was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. Shannon hosted and Krystyna helped and they did a wonderful job setting up meals, showering us with diapers and providing chocolate FONDUE on which I indulged for several hours. Thanks again Shannon - you've inspired me to do that for someone else down the road. What a great memory and gift.

And the stuff I got? Super cool. Beautiful handmade hat, gorgeous burpie cloths, clothes, nursing accessories, stroller blanket, Burt's Bees products and A REALLY, REALLY COOL SLING. (been kind of obsessed about slings lately. That's another post).

When I got home Keith was just RELIEVED that the whole thing was OVER. Apparently I am hard to throw off and he's been stressed. But truly, with pregnancy craziness I have been living in my own world unaware of a lot going on around me. But this night reminded me that we are not all alone up here. That we have wonderful friends who love us and I am finally relaxed. We really are blessed up here to have made the life we have with the support that we have in just two years.

Bring on the baby! I've got the sling and I'm ready to roll.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaay! I hope there are some pictures. I'm so glad your sweet friends were able to pull off such a wonderful surprise. Glad you can have a few weeks to relax and look forward to your adorable son #2s arrival ( Wouldn't it be funny if they just popped out and said " I'm here! Now let's get busy with this eat, sleep and poop thing!") Can't wait to see you all! Looking forward to the sling post :)

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Wish you could have been there!

Unfortunately no pictures were taken - I obviously didn't bring a camera and didn't even think about it until after the party.

It's too bad b/c Shannon did a great job with everything.

WAC-Mom said...

You deserve to be celebrated! And so do ALL of your babies : ) We loved doing it for you. Thanks for letting us-- well thanks to Keith for letting us and stressing for weeks on end to keep you in the dark!


BTW- I can't believe that I forgot to take pictures!

Jenn said...

What a great party! You and Keith are such wonderful people it's no wonder you have awesome friends who celebrate life's events with you. Would love to see pics of it. Kudos to Keith for helping you have a special night with friends!

Trina said...

Awww that is awesome!! Three cheers for good friends!

I love my sling by the way! I hope you love yours as much as I did mine with Roman. I plan on using it like crazy with this one too!