Diary Of A (Slowly Going) Mad Pregnant Woman
We haven't talked much about the fact that I'm pregnant have we?
Don't think that means it's all roses over here, I just never feel like blogging about it. Everyone in this family is VERY much aware that I am pregnant and I'm taking them all down with me.
Four weeks and counting. And I'm pretty sure I'm slowly losing my mind.
Don't get me wrong - baby E is very much anticipated and despite my lack of enthusiasm for sleep deprivation, sore nipples and the routine mastitis that I will get, I'm jazzed.
It's the rest of them around there that need to watch out.
Poor Keith is working like a hound trying to appease my frantic-ness in getting everything done. I mentioned I needed to clean out my car? He's out there for two hour detailing every inch of the interior in desperate hopes that at some point my anxiety will decrease and I will once again be pleasant to live with. Poor guy, he can hope all he wants - someone please throw him a bone because all I can think about is the huge pile of crap in the attic that needs to be sorted and taken to Goodwill before the end of the calendar year for tax purposes. I'm not about to start that project when it is 30 degrees up there, so it needs to be done NOW. Everything needs to be done NOW.
And frankly, I'm too tired, fat and sore to do any of it.
At least three times a day I look around my house in sheer panic at the thought of going into labor with the house the way it is. I have even toyed with the thought of leaving Keith here to clean and organize should I have to make my way to the hospital. I mean, how many kids do you REALLY need to see delivered? He's been to two births already. I could not relax knowing some random person we've begged to be here with the kids until we figure something out would be walking around this pit and wondering to themselves, "Should children really live like this? Should I call Child Services?"
And did I mention that we're hosting company for two weeks in November on top of the newborn thing? My family for a week after the birth and Keith's for a week over Thanksgiving. I am programmed to host, to prepare, to clean. The thought of neglecting all of that gives me the willies.
So I have been putting together a list of about 10 dinners that I want to prep this week and freeze so we have some back ups. And my sister in law assures me that she'll cook Thanksgiving dinner. That's good because I might have made everyone eat Life Cereal that day if left on my own. And when L was born the day we came home from the hospital my parents looked at us and said "We're out of dinner ideas, what are you making tonight?" Seriously???? (Hi mom! Hi dad! Love you!) so we're trying to help in that department as well. We plan to make this event much more organized, well thought out and easier on the 'rents than last time. Plus they have TWO kids to take care of this time, heh, heh. Teasing aside, my house will never be as clean as it will be with my mother in charge of it.
Good grief, can someone find a straight jacket for me please?
So a big thank you to Keith who helped me grocery shop this morning - as we loaded two carts full to the top. Thank you for understanding why we needed 18 cans of Northern Beans (3 batches of bean soup to freeze of course) and about $40 worth of chicken breasts. Thank you (in advance) for spending the next three nights baking with me in the kitchen, and for most likely spending your entire next Sunday going back and forth to Goodwill.
This man does NOT get enough credit.
And I'm pretty sure he'll be off to get that vasectomy before the year is over.
6 comments:
Awwww Karrie - thinking of you! You're such a riot, but so real and true.
Love it - enjoy your next four weeks.
Just to clarify - sister-in-law planning to make any/ all meals :) while staying with you just as if I was at home. (because I feel at home at your place) So save those well-planned meals for when you 4 + baby need them. I understand the need to nest - Stephen's diaper bag was packed for the hospital 6 weeks early. Pre- holidays due date makes everything feel even more urgent. Hang in there! Love you!
I hope you are feeling well.
Really, I can only imagine that your house is more than fine (I know how you are) and on that note you need to chill out or you will kill yourself trying.
If you guys can't cook all of that, remember people will bring you food and there is alway carry out or Dream Dinners.
This is your third child, but it will be hard as it is a newborn.
SO on that note I think you are a totally CRAZY family to be hosting two weeks in November. No way in H-E-L-L would I do that with sleep deprivation and a newborn. NO WAY.
So that is why you are a much better person than I, and I guess you will be fine doing it.
If not.. I will visit you in the WARD, psych ward.
Really, our prayers are with you.
: )
Both families are coming to help so actually I am anticipating the visits. Both my mom and Sister in Law are super helpful and will run a tight ship while I cry in a corner somewhere....
You are crazy! You know that I adore you, but you may need some serious professional help :-)
I know that when I get like that, logic doesn't really help, but here goes...
You know that you have 2+ weeks of meals coming from MOPs and Book Club, right?
You know that if I am watching the kids, I will be the LAST one to think your house is a disaster- have you seen MINE lately???
Finally (and don't kill me for this), ENJOY your last little bit of pregnancy and time with the kids and Keith. When that baby comes, that is when all HELL breaks loose and EVERYONE in your house will be crazy (we still haven't fully recovered 1+ year later). Just something more to look forward to and stress out about : )
Well, the good news is that I don't think this family can get much crazier, although I can be proven wrong I'm sure.
And I was always in need of some therapy I'm sure - now it is just more apparent to those around me :)
Post a Comment