Monday, October 22, 2007

A Perfect Fall Day

Saturday we decided 15 minutes before we actually left the house to make a day trip. First we stopped at Cabela's - probably one of the largest stores that I could never find anything to buy even if I tried. After looking at all of the "stuffed animals" on display, lingering in the deer urine aisle, and realizing just how many every day items can be made in camouflage (yes I KNOW I am looking down my nose but it just couldn't be helped, there were women dressed head to toe in camo and it was so wrong), we headed out to Holy Hill - a huge Catholic Basilica out in the country.

The day was beautiful and the drive so scenic. The kids really loved taking a tour of "God's House" and J begged us to buy him a crucifix for his bedroom, kind of an odd request from a five year old. While we didn't buy anything, we loved that he wanted to stay and pray in church while his sister tried to splash in the holy water while singing Jesus Loves Me LOUDLY in the crowded but silent cathedral.

Good times.



A view of Holy Hill from the road


A Mexican lunch


A Stations of the Cross Grotto


Driving into Holy Hill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics - my favorite is the one of J and Keith. It is so sweet! Love you!