Ramping Up The Crazy
What do you do when you are almost 9 months pregnant and get all excited that the outfit you have on is not maternity at all and in fact the jeans are pre-baby jeans? And the shirt is just a longer shirt that you wore a year ago?
Well, you don't get all bummed out that maybe your waist vs hips proportion was way off to begin with but rather celebrate by chopping all of your hair off.
Really.
So I did. Oh yeah, and it's darker too.
My neighborhood play group had a moms night out and we all gathered at my friend Megan's house and chopped off our hair.
All of us. And some of us with hair long enough to be donated to Locks of Love.
I wish I had brought a camera but I didn't even know if I was going to get a highlight, much less a cut. I have a "rule" during pregnancy to never make a drastic style change. So I've been waiting and pulling my long hair up in ponytails every day.
I got home last night and Keith was passed out in front of a movie. Upon waking, he opened one eye and said, Where did your hair go?
See, I never even discussed chopping it off because I hadn't thought about it. Funny how that happens.
This morning J exclaimed as I walked into the kitchen, Mom! Your hair looks Neat!
So maybe it is a bit shorter than I would have liked it. Oh well, it is super easy to maintain and a change was much needed. I still feel like I want to throw up a bit though.
Feel better now WAC Mom?
11 comments:
We need a better picture than that!
We can't tell what it looks like!
And I hate you for being able to wear non maternity clothes.
: )
That is great, then you won't have to worry about taking weight off after he is born.
Good for you! See everyone is right, you do look great!
Now post a better pic.
Uh NO. No better pics right now. You will just have to use your imagination. :) That angle was strategically planned.
Don't be too jealous - it is just one pair of jeans that fit. Jeans that were stretchy to begin with and had a huge gap at the waist which now is filled with belly.
But STILL - they are pre-pregnancy and count in my book!
I've still gained 25 pounds as of now. I'm sure a few more are coming in the next few weeks. But with L I gained 45 so it is less than last time.
okay third time I've typed this message. Let's see if I can get it posted.
I hope Keith told you our good news, otherwise I am tacklessly telling you on your blog.
I am 14 weeks pregnant and guess what... I got my hair cut short on Wednesday.
I wrote other hilarious things the 1st two times I wrote this but now I'm sick of my own humor.
Post a better picture so you can recieve the accolades you deserve.
Mine is a truly "MOM" haircut. Good luck and let us know if anything is needed for new baby E.
love katrina
Fun!?! I'm sure that it is super cute, but I say it that way b/c I was in your place just a couple of weeks ago. It gets better : )
Can't wait to see it in person!
SO post a better pic now or we will just assume you got your haircut like POSH SPICE.
Right now I feel more like Scary Spice - but NOOOOOO No pics until I figure out how to take one that won't make me look like a giant Halloween pumpkin.
It looks SUPER CUTE in person! I can't believe that I didn't get a picture for everyone though : )
Very cool look! And congrats fitting into prepregnancy jeans! You're looking wonderful. Keep smiling and feeling as good as you can til you welcome the newest family member.
Okay goood for yooooou!! So jealous. I am most definitely in pregnancy clothes...ugh! hehehe I would totally count those jeans too! Woohooo! I can't believe you are almost ready to have your baby! Can't wait to see the pics of your newborn. It makes my pregnancy so much more real when you see the new babies starting to come.
Katrina - Congrats! I am calling you in a few minutes. Sorry for the delay - I am super excited for you guys.
Trina - You should be finding out soon what you are having right??? Are you going to reveal?
Love the hair! You look amazing!!!
Post a Comment