Saturday, September 01, 2007

Julien Le Chien Takes Time Out From His Photo Shoot to Enjoy the Lake



I've Been Tagged By Amie

I've been tagged to do a Meme. I'm not exactly sure what a meme is but I've seen them on other blogs. Seeing as how this is the first time I've been tagged, I'm gonna do it. Plus, it's Amie, and she's cool.

I've been tagged by 4Benders for an “8 Random Facts About Me”.
Before I begin let's review the rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged

Alright, eight random things about me:
1) I have two tattoos, which always surprises people. Luckily I was smart enough to put them in places that they can stay hidden even with swimsuits on. Or at least the type of swimsuits that I wear. One was done by a famous tattoo artist in Savannah, Georgia who did all of the rock idols from the 60's including Janis Joplin, which was the only reason I got it. Hey, it's like expensive art on my skin. Should have had him sign it.

2) In college, I used to travel with my friend Laura and work the National Park Systems. We lived one summer in Yellowstone and one summer in Acadia. Those were some of the best summers of my life.

3) I used to (and still do) love the Grateful Dead. Also in college (are we seeing a pattern?) I followed them to different parts of the country to see concerts with my friend Jenny. One time in Washington, DC we were about ten yards from the stage. I also got to see Sting and Bruce Hornsby at that show. Probably the best concert I've ever been to.

4) In JUNIOR HIGH (very important fact here) I was the president of the Beatles Fan Club. Yes, that group from the 60's with Paul, John, George and Ringo. Not surprisingly, I also created the club. Somehow I convinced half a dozen other 7th graders to take a TEST and become members. How I stayed semi-popular throughout school after that I will never know. I mean, these kids were into Paula Abdul at that point not The White Album.

5) I am (was) a brown belt in karate. My dad is a tenth degree black belt and teaches at a dojo in NC. We started at the same time and I quit in high school. He continues to train. One of my biggest regrets is quitting that and piano. Which makes me only that much more confused as to whether or not to push my kids a bit more to stick with things or let them quit as well...

6) I have mutant baby toe nails. The nail literally grows straight out instead of laying flat. It is inherited from my dad's side of the family and so far both of my kids have it too. It's not so noticeable unless you want to paint your toenails.

7) When I was 7 years old I was so tall that my parents were afraid that I was going to be a giant. I went through extensive tests at the hospital to predict my growth rate and they were told that I would be 6 feet plus. I am 5' 8" at best.

8) My mom saved my life when I was in 9th grade. I was supposed to go back to school shopping with my best friend Kristen, her mom, sister and grandmother and for no apparent reason my mom decided not to let me go with them. It was a huge fight and to this day she has no idea why she didn't let me go. On the way home they had a bad car wreck and no one survived. I still dream about Kristen and she is always mad at me for not being there.


I am going to tag WAC News and Big Willow Bound. Hopefully you girls don't mind!

5 comments:

just4ofus said...

Thanks for saying I am cool.. he hee..
It is neat to read the facts about people.
You should have your tatoos signed, they have a far cooler story behind them than mine. Mine is just pure stupidity.
: )

Jenn said...

Huh - never would have guessed!

Thanks for sharing your facts. Enjoy the grapes!

:-)

Anonymous said...

#5 and #8 are my favorites!
I do hear ya on the toenail issue. even my big toe nails grow out with a bit of an upward slant. i can't tell you often I've accidentally stubbed someone and drawn blood. so I keep them stubly and short. no french manicure here. =)

Lindsay said...

My best friend, betsy and her husband Dustan, live with Bruce Hornsby and his wife in Williamsburg VA.
Crazy.
Linds

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

How did THAT happen? Are they family or just really lucky?