A friend of mine from high school just had her first baby ten days ago, a little girl named Olivia. Yesterday, her husband passed away from a long battle with cancer. They weren't even sure if he would get to see the baby born. Luckily, God timed everything perfectly.
I had lunch with her while I was home in NC in July. She had the most positive attitude about it all. Hope that things might end differently but prepared to deal with what they were facing. I can't even imagine what it would be like to face new motherhood, single parenting and the loss of a well loved partner all at once.
Last Friday when they knew he had very little time left, they all put their hand prints in a cast together.
My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
4 comments:
OH my! How sad. I can not imagine. I hope she has a great support system.
she will be in our prayers
Adrianna and Olivia will certainly be in our prayers.
I am praying for your friends...my heart can't imagine. I'm praying that this little daughter - part of him left with her - will give her the strength to keep going on.
She is in my thoughts!
I couldn't imagine :(
Post a Comment