Where Have I Been?
Here, there and everywhere. Last weekend (thank you Keith!) was spent enjoying a really nice hotel sans kids and husband. And a big thanks to WAC Mom for meeting me up there. It was so much nicer eating at a date night restaurant WITH someone!
Since then, we've had kids home "sick". I say "sick" because technically when they are really sick they are a dream...sleeping, lying curled up in a ball, quiet. This was just a darn fever that kept J out of school for two days but other than that, nothing wrong. So cranky, energetic and bored was what I've been dealing with. I don't know who is more excited about returning tomorrow - me or him.
And today is Keith's birthday...Happy Birthday Keith!! I think more people actually remembered his than mine which never happens.
And now I am just swamped in stuff: MOPS starts up tomorrow and I'm leading a table this year, last night we had our walk through for the historic tour which I am volunteering for and I've been doing last minute cramming for book club...you know, since I picked the book and hosted I figured I should finish reading it.
I'm off to bake a red velvet cake for this evening. Better posts coming...I promise....
6 comments:
Hope J is feeling better by now! Happy Birthday, Keith! Hope it was a great one. And hooray for Keith, who sent his wife for some quiet time!
Sounds like things are kicking into high gear for you up there. Enjoy being with friends, and make sure to take care of yourself. November isn't that far away...
UHH! So sorry to hear about J! I was very happy to have everyone back in school today : )
Thanks for including me in your fun alone time. It was FABULOUS, but way too short!
And...Happy Birthday to Keith!
Hey - the alone time sounds wonderful... Steve has made noises about sending me off sometime after I'm done nursing JJ. I look forward to it just for the opportunity to reflect and regather.
Happy start to MOPS.... you'll be a great table leader! Also, I just love this pic of your kids. The itty bitty skirt on L is adorable!
k. I dont' know how you keep so many plates spinning! Bookclubs, MOPs, pregnancy,... and red velvet cakes. I'm deflated.
Don't be too impressed - I am far behind on everything right now :)
I just wanted to thank you, J, and L for making my birthday special. I loved my red velvet cake, my DVD, EVERY rendition of "Happy Birthday" sung during the weeks leading up the day and for many after, and my hand made card. Thanks for letting me sleep in that extra half hour, for joining me for lunch and for not making me make all the decisions.
Thanks for making me feel appreciated. I love you, J, L, and E more than anything.
Keith
Post a Comment