
A Game That I Like To Play Too!
I'm a game person. Keith and I love games and have always had a game night going - both here and in Cincinnati. We especially love tile games and are currently playing Settlers of Catan. We have gone through other phases too: Mexican Train Dominoes, Canasta, Dutch Blitz and Carcassonne to name a few.
But when it comes to playing games with my kids, I honestly do not love it like I thought I would.
I'm sure it is just the level of where they are at. But High Ho Cherry-O makes me want to get teeth pulled instead, Chutes and Ladders practically makes me car sick with all of the incessant climbing and sliding to nowhere and Candy Land must be somehow rigged to ensure a long, long game of venturing back down to Plumpy's hell hole near the beginning. Plumpy wasn't in my version growing up - who is that little round monster anyway?
But finally, we bought this game for J a while ago and we've started playing it. It is almost like an ongoing puzzle and he loves trying to find tiles to make the roads end, continue, connect to railroads or rivers. It is fun for two or more people or even just one. Ages five and older for sure.
2 comments:
That seems like a game Jude would love.
Playing games, building Legos, Lincoln Logs, and Tinker Toys are my savior when playing with my kids.
I will do anything with them BUT pretend play.. like playing house etc b/c I just loath it.
Jude and I love playing Junior Monopoly. Lily's not quite there yet.
That looks great! I'll have to add it to the Christmas list.
I also do not care to play Candy Land, Chutes & Ladders, or many other classic kids games. The only way I can tolerate Candy Land is to stack the deck so one of the kids wins QUICKLY!
I can tolerate card games and my kids love them. Old Maid, Slap Jack, Go Fish...the best part is that they are usually very quick and we can play multiple times so that everyone (hopefully) has a chance to win : )
Post a Comment