Tuesday, September 04, 2007


Farm Fresh

Sydney and L cannot wait for bbq chicken


Tractor rides around the property


Dinner under the oak trees


The Main House

We spent our first day of September out at the farm for a birthday/Labor Day picnic. We were having so much fun that we kept both kids up until 11 pm before heading home. J was ecstatic to be running around in the dark, as he goes to bed pretty much in the daylight on normal nights.

The kids got tractor rides, roasting s'mores over the fire pit and plenty of running and tree climbing. When our friends decided they wanted to buy a Wisconsin farm, they never dreamed they would get THE farm. They now own the old Progressive Dairy farm which was a huge operation around these parts back in the day. The big old barn is pretty darn cool and they are still finding unexplored rooms as they go.

We are working on them letting us get some kind of farm animal for the kids for Easter to keep out there and take care of. You know, a goat or such.

I think I'm going to move in there - I'm sure they will never notice.

2 comments:

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun!!! What a great treat for the kids too! Kerri, you look fantastic!!!!

just4ofus said...

How fun! They do love running around in the dark...
Looks like a great time!
I love getting to see you pregnant in the pics.
You look great!