Tuesday, September 11, 2007





JJ's Got A Brand New Room

J moved into his new room last week. We switched L and J because we knew that we would be doing a loft bed for him and it made more sense to put him in the smaller room. He was hesitant at first, but now loves it. There really is no "theme" but we put a world traveler/explorer spin on it since he loves maps.

I found this kite in a store on Kiawah Island that was handmade in Belize. It was folded up when I got it so I wasn't prepared for the monster-esque quality to the body of the tropical frog. It creeps me out a bit but he hasn't said anything so far. (Another reason I had to stop watching A Haunting - when frog kites creep you out, you know...)

He's still getting used to sleeping 6 feet in the air. I'm still getting used to being unable to tuck him in at night. It's such a big boy room and I'm sad that his preschooler-ness is fading but sure glad that it is MUCH easier to keep clean.

L's room is next.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -didn't know you called J, JJ....we call Jaydon JJ more often then not. Partly because it's such an easy nickname for GP to handle.
Love the room - the kite is cool and would probably creep me out - but your boy is a brave one! =)

Where is baby going to go?? Are you doing a nursery?

Anonymous said...

What a fun looking bed! I didn't even recognize it as L's old room. Glad he enjoys his new nest :) Can't wait to see L's when it is finished - it will look great like they always do:)

Julie said...

Cool room....I can't show Zac, or he'll want one like it himself! I can't get over how high that bed looks!!!!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

It is too high up for my comfort. I make him sleep at the opposite end from the ladder and I'm not too afraid of him falling...I think...but more if L were to climb up there. She's not allowed but you know...

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Oh and Kelly - baby's nursery is now Keith's old office. Keith is now sharing a room with the guest room. So as long as the baby doesn't grow into an older kid...it will work out great :)

His office is rather small...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the giant, monsterous frog kite! Can't wait to see all the new rooms this November or December! Love you all...

Jenn said...

Very cool room... and very much for a big boy!! It's a good thing you have another baby on the way, cause it looks (and sounds like from the next post) that you've got a very grown up little man in your house now! :-)