Monday, March 19, 2007


A Playdate Matey!
J is a a bit of a control freak. That is putting it nicely. He likes for things to go his way...I have no idea where he gets this from. Really. I don't.
Be quiet.
Yesterday we had a warm afternoon and our good friends the Gordons came over for an hour after school to play in the backyard and enjoy the Spring-like weather. But J started getting frustrated that his friends were riding the bikes faster than he was, or they weren't catching bugs exactly like he wanted to. Or whatever happened to be transpiring that wasn't in his control.
So I decided to get them redirected to some imaginary play and proposed the clubhouse area of the swing set was a pirate ship and the boys were working on Blackbeard's boat.
Great! They both exclaimed.
Then J added, "I'll be the captain!"
Sigh....

5 comments:

WAC-Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WAC-Mom said...

It was TOO funny. I have to say that you handled it all very well though! They were playing so nicely by the end taking turns being "the lookout" and "the navigator"- that is in-between W play attacking A with a sword. Sigh...

BTW- I was informed today that J's new "Sheriff" is "way more cool" than W's new "The King". The competition never ends...

Jenn said...

Hooray for warm weather and an outdoor playdate!! Quite honestly, J was the host, so he should have "helped" his guests have fun. He was just being a good host, that's all. What's the big deal??

:-)

Anonymous said...

Well, Jack is a great name for a pirate captain. Just ask Disney :) Miss you Captain Jack!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Oh good point Rosie! Maybe he comes by it naturally due to namesake :)