And You Thought Crayons Were Kids Play
Today I was opening a stack of "boring" mail, you know the credit card offers and personal loan checks for $300,000 that annoyingly stack up? I opened a Discover card offer and pulled the plastic card off and handed it over to J. I sometimes give the kids these to play with. This one looked exceptionally real though.
J (looking like he just won the grand prize): Is this for ME?
Me: Yep, you can play with it. (adding)It's not for real.
J (looking defeated): Oh.
Me: You have to have a job and make money before you are allowed to have a real credit card.
J (looking optimistic): But I do have a job!
Me (thinking of his chore list, since we call them jobs): What job would that be?
J: Coloring.
1 comment:
Goodness, J is so big...and handsome! I can't wait to see you all again! Maybe June!
Post a Comment