Belle of the Ball
My friend Krystyna developed a project here in our town last year to give prom dresses away to girls who could not afford them. Prom is real big here - they even did a movie about it two years ago.
This year I was fortunate enough to be involved in the project. This weekend was our first boutique and it was wonderful to finally see the fruits of our labor. I took a bunch of photos and thought I would share some.
We had volunteers steaming the dresses that were donated
Hair stylists volunteered their time to give the girls some hair tips
The girls were able to shop for jewelry, purses and shoes to go with their dresses
This girl and this dress were made for each other
Shopping for her selections to try on
Hundreds of dresses were donated
8 comments:
Funny, a girl at work just asked me to donate dresses from my closet for this cause! The pics are great!
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)
Wow! You all must really be into prom. Wonderful to give the girls a chance to shine, every girl deserves to feel like a princess. Good job ladies!
Gale
Thanks All! Yes, prom really grew here because the Rotary decided to give the kids a safe, non alcoholic, supervised place to go for prom celebrations. Now every high school goes to this one big event and they do it up BIG. Red carpet, tv airing so you can watch it from the comfort of your home and the kids try to out do each other upon arrival. Some come in fire trucks, dump trucks beds, fancy cars ,etc. So there is a lot of money put into this event and I'm sure that can be a lot of pressure for kids who don't have a lot.
Yeah, not the prom I went to in my day for sure.
Thanks for taking such a big lead on this project. Without you, this year I might have just let the season pass without the Boutiques. You were my motivator and inspiration for getting others involved. It was not hard to give up the reins at all -- just made me more accountable -- a good thing!
You are way too modest - you did so much work for it this year. Thanks for letting me help!
Very Cool, K- I'm so happy that there is such a thing....and the pics are great. Thanks for sharing the opportunity to give with the MOPS moms as well.
Isn't this weather wonderful??
Kelly
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing the pics.
Post a Comment