Call Me Senorita Silly Pants
At one time I was proud that my infant/toddler could count to ten. Now I am begging her to do it again. Since, you know, she's TWO.
She only counts in Spanish.
Don't get me wrong, I think it is great she is so willing to be bilingual. And theoretically, I am useless in helping her. I can muddle my way through the French or Japanese language but ask me to count past five in Spanish and I might look a bit confused.
Yeah, I think I'm an idiot for not picking it in High School too.
So now she counts in Spanish ONLY.
Well, at least she has Keith to teach her the other five. I am going to try and get her back to English just for a bit.
3 comments:
Hola Lina! Next time we visit you can teach Stephen to count in Spanish okay :) Te amo mucho!
That's so funny because when Dylan started learning how to talk, he would use the Spanish word for lots of things (we don't know a lick of Spanish nor did he watch Dora or Sesame Street at the time) and we had no idea HOW he knew these things. Water, cat, dog... the words he knew in Spanish escape me now but basically he had about 10 spanish words including Spanish for "water tower." (For some reason he was obsessed with water towers) Still a mystery to this day. Hilarious story to tell him when he gets a bit older!
-Lisa Neal
That is really funny! It's amazing what they pick up.
Post a Comment