Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sarah, Laura and I - The Lou's (Our version of Ya Ya)

Jeff and Ethan are all smiles on Girls Weekend


Fun Times In Atlanta


Had a great long weekend in Atlanta at our annual Girls Weekend. Spent staying at Laura's awesome new house, squeezing the cutest cheek's I've seen in a long time (Ethan), hanging with Sarah who came down from North Carolina to spend the weekend with us, seeing a movie, eating out, shopping and more shopping and getting our hair cut by talented friend Deb, a new Atlanta tradition and just talking our ears off.

We all came away relaxed and recharged. At least until I came home to -35 degree wind chill, kids have been home from school all week due to closings, more snow, still have not unpacked and the general craziness that has ensued.

But despite all those unscheduled changes in our week, I still feel recharged, I managed to finish reading a 650 page novel and I'm starting to wrap my head around reality again.

Thanks again to my great husband who entertained two children in the middle of winter by himself all weekend. Love you. And thank you to Laura for being such a wonderful hostess - I shall want my suite ready for the next time I am in town :)

The next Girls Weekend is due to hit Chicago and my house. After that we are taking Girls Weekend on the road - Vacation time, baby.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How refreshing (well besides coming home to the cold)! I can't wait to take off for a weekend. I've been leaving the baby a lot more to get out and do things childless. It's so nice :)

Just ME said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time! I hope you had WARMER weather then we had! At least you got a little taste of what our COLD weekend was like!

Anonymous said...

A girl's weekend sounds great! I wish I had a weekend back in the South - although maybe more towards June. Glad to hear you had a wonderful, relaxing time!

Jenn said...

Glad you had a good time!! You certainly deserve a get-away in warmer temps. Hooray for Keith being with the kids - what a good guy he is!

Julie said...

Sounds like a great getaway!!!