Tuesday, February 13, 2007



It's White. Very, Very White.

Our driveway has looked like this for the past week. Only because the every other day shoveling has gotten old, or maybe because Keith has been out of town and I'm just not doing it. And did I mention I was dieting? You might hear a bit more about it as I slowly starve to death with my piercing headache. But I'm pretty sure I couldn't shovel today AND eat only a handful of food. So we leave our sidewalks and driveway in a snowy state. I dare them to ticket me. I'm not the most pleasant famished person you've met. Anyone familiar with my blood sugar dropping incidents can vouch for that.

Keith has spent the entire day in the St. Louis airport being bumped from flight after flight. He's finally home and is very much looking forward to shoveling tomorrow.

I've finally figured out that it may not be the lack of food causing me headaches this week - but rather the entire white-ness outside. My eyes aren't sure where to look anymore. Everything's white. White lawns, white roads, white sky, white trees.

White, white, white.

The End.

8 comments:

Just ME said...

You Go GIRL! Dieting sucks, especially @ school for snack a child brings in these VERY SCRUMPTIOUS, CUTE, 2 inch THick Frosted cupcakes it's enough to want to make you SCREAM!

just4ofus said...

Ticket you? What?

You are hilarious!
Amie

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Oh yeah, city ordinance. You have so many hours to clear the sidewalks in front of your house or you get ticketed.

They also send you a bill if the sidewalks are in bad condition and you can "pay" them to repair - like $100 a square.

And our taxes are still that of a million dollar home in Cincy.

Yeah!

Julie said...

We would invite you here, but everything's white AND covered in ice...wouldn't help much!

Jenn said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that a sudden warm front comes your way and slowly melts the white stuff so you can see some other color... any other color than white!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's me, Lisa (well, us: Ben, Lisa, Dylan and Natalie really!)

Just wanted to say, I love your blog - I've been reading it a while now, actually, and I always laugh at your commentary on life, nodding at times because I completely sympathize. Especially this snow. And Ronald McDonald (curse the preservative-filled bastard!!).

Oh, and I so identify with the low-blood sugar thing. I'm the same way. Lack of food = instant PMS for me. I can't STOP eating at night!!

Take care guys! I'll try to comment more often (life gets in the way of doing a lot of things!!)

Trina said...

We live high up on a mt, where if we get buried alive in snow, no one will know or care. hehehe

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Hi Lisa! Been a long time. We'll have to catch up next time we're in the 'Nati. Thanks for stopping by.
K