From Easter Pretty to Chic with a bit of Horsehair Brown from Ralph Lauren Paints
Today the kids kept themselves busy with laundry baskets. All day the baskets became turtle shells, cars, trains, and cages to trap younger siblings in. Who knew a cheap piece of plastic was so irresistible? Why did we buy all of those toys again? Oh yeah, so they have something to fight over...
Last night we went over to our new neighbor's house for dinner. It was fun to spend time in that big Italian house. The new owners are a nice young couple from Louisville, KY who have a little boy a bit younger than L. They should be great neighbors to have. The house itself is so BIG. I don't know what I would do with all of that room. Their 3 1/2 baths are all in need of updating and each represents a different era. If someone wanted to do a piece called "bathrooms throughout the last century" - their house would be a perfect setting. It also seems that the house has been added to a lot over the last 150 years. This was original, that is from the 20's, something else added in the 60's, another from the 80's - they seem confident that they can mesh it all together and make it much more streamlined in keeping with the historical integrity yet updating the bits and pieces. It would be a very overwhelming project for me - glad someone else is excited in taking it on. And they have these massive pieces of teak furniture that they've brought with them that almost look tiny in that house. In order to fill that dining room, she's going to have to buy a table that is always open up to seating twelve.
But the house has a hospitable warmth to it despite it's size. And it's not the least bit scary to my dismay. From the outside appearance, you could really let your imagination run wild. And not haunted either, according to Katy. I didn't know that if you ask a realtor that is something they have to disclose by law. More than a few houses in this neighborhood are known for having "extra guests" in their dwellings. Thanks goodness ours isn't either - I wouldn't be cool with even Casper residing in our home. It's something I had in the back of my mind while house hunting but I never in a million years would have thought to ask a realtor - assuming they would have thought I was ridiculous.
But even in our home - we've done a bit of updating recently. Long gone is the Easter Egg Blue master bedroom - and in it's place is a beautiful chocolate brown. Amazing how much difference a color of paint can make.
Picture above! Good work Keith - I love it.

2 comments:
So you finally got to see the inside of that house. I loved it too - fun to think of how it will look updated!!! I also love your new bedroom color....very chic...
Parade of homes....here you come!!!
So you finally got to see the inside of that house. I loved it too - fun to think of how it will look updated!!! I also love your new bedroom color....very chic...
Parade of homes....here you come!!!
Post a Comment