Wednesday, April 12, 2006

iEmbarrassing?
What's on your playlist?

Rules are simple: you shuffle your mp3 player and list the first ten songs that show up. No cheating or editing; if I can do it so can you. We all run the risk of "Endless Love" or "Open Arms" appearing. For those of you with out an mp3 player, I will also accept what shuffles in your 6 disc changer or the first 10 songs off that circa 1996 mix tape in your car. Now is the time to air your laundry. Here's mine:

1. Sweet Pain - Blues Traveller
2. Crawl Back (Under My Stone) - Richard Thompson
3. My Name is Jonas - Weezer
4. The Maestro - Beastie Boys
5. Crash - James
6. I Looked At You - The Doors
7. Conquer Me - Blues Traveller (again? whatever.)
8. Track 5 - Tyler Ramsey
9. Something Against You - The Pixies
10. The Safety Dance - Men Without Hats (s-s-s-s-a-a-a-a-f-f-f-f-e-e-e-e-t-t-t-t-y-y-y-y....)

So there you have it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do have an mp3 and checked my first ten songs:

1- Alison Krauss
2- Alison Krauss
3- Allison Krauss
4- Rhonda Vincent
5- Alison Krauss
6- Alison Krauss
7- Rhonda Vincent
8- Alison Krauss
9- Alison Krauss
10- Rhonda Vincent

Kind of makes your magazine addiction seem petty. I also checked the CD’s in my car and guess which CD’s I have. Just a hint of what “not” to get me for my birthday. Love the pictures of the kids and we have a lot of mountains for J and L to climb.

Dad

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Well, at least you can't be accused of having variety :)

That is Keith's list - not mine. My Ipod is more stuck in the 80's with lots of Sting and Peter Gabriel I'm sure. I'll have to check out Rhonda Vincent - that name is not ringing a bell.

Rancho Robinson said...

1. Symphonie Fantastique - Hector Berlioz (a little classical)
2. Babe - by Styx (polar opposite of Berlioz)
3. Only Lonely - Hootie and the Blowfish (well, I'm well-rounded)
4. Entre Nous - Rush (Chris and Keith are beaming right now)
5. It Ain't Necessarily So - Louis Armstrong
6. Little Tommy Tucker - from last year's 1st grade music curriculum
7. Black - Pearl Jam
8. Vaults of Heaven - Tom Jones fromt the Andrew Lloyd Webber collection
9. Parlay - Randy Edelman from the soundtrack to Last of the Mohicans
10. In Taberna - a great drinking song from Carmina Burana

Well, I hope this says I'm very well-rounded musically.

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Karri I took the liberty of seeing what's on your shuffle list and the songs are:

1. Be Careful of My Heart - Tracy Chapman

2. The Other One - Grateful Dead

3. Plane - Jason Mraz

4. Evening Train - Van Morrison

5. In My Own Mind - Lyle Lovett

6. Promises - Lyle Lovett

7. Never Trust a Woman - Grateful Dead

8. Blowin' In The Wind - Sam Cooke

9. Less Than Strangers - Tracy Chapman

10. River - Nathalie Merchant

PG and Sting were definitely represented but a little further down the list.

Rancho Robinson said...

Tonight we pulled out Chris' iPod to check what his first ten shuffled songs would be. Here they are...
1. One of These Nights - The Eagles
2. Leave No Witnesses - James Horner from the Mask of Zorro soundtrack
3. I Melt - Rascal Flatts
4. Parable for Solo Tuba - Mark Nelson
5. Stands With a Fist Remembers - John Barry from the Dances With Wolves soundtrack
6. Walking in Memphis - Lonestar
7. Let's Fall In Love - Frank Sinatra
8. Territories - Rush (of course)
9. Driving the Last Spike - Genesis
10. Blowin' In The Wind - Joan Baez

What can we say? We're both musicians with a WIDE variety of music in our collection. Very fitting that a tuba selection would come up for the tuba player. And, of course, another Rush number.

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Chris and Becca - you both have such obscure stuff! You are definitely made for each other :)

Fun! Thanks for playing.

just4ofus said...

We will be willing to air our laundry list to you...
Here is the top ten Jason's Ipod
1. Coldplay Don't Panic
2. Coldplay Yellow
3. Pedro the Lion Rapture
4. Six String Drag Bottle of Blues
5. Elvis Costello Allison
6. Elivs Costello I want you
7. Coldplay Politik
8. Elivs Costello Watching the Detectives
9. Six String Drag Driven Man
10.Grant Lee Phillips Spring Released.

I can give you some stuff to laugh about....
1. A Ha Take on Me
2. Camoflauge One Fine Day
3. Camoflauge On Islands
4. INXS By My Side
5. INXS I Need You Tonight
6. INXS Never Tear Us Apart
7. The Killers Smile Like You Mean It
8. Nelly Hot in Herre (YES I HEAR YOU LAUGHING)
9. Coldplay God Put a Smile on my Face
10. Coldplay Politik

Lindsay said...

No fair. This is not airing laundry by any means. This is just a window into music masterminds. Could you at least throw in one cheesey 90's band, for the sake of looking vulnerable?
Linds