Tuesday, April 18, 2006

An expert in Scurvy Prevention, James Lind


What do you do with a Scurvy Pirate?

That's the question that J has been singing all day. Sung to the tune of "What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor?"

Frankly, I'm not sure about either. I think I would rather be a drunken sailor than a scurvy pirate.

Did you know that there is a National Association for Scurvy Awareness and Prevention?

Me neither.

Now go about your day and don't say you aren't learning great things here.

5 comments:

Rancho Robinson said...

Answer me this...does the scurvy pirate look anything like a Johnny Depp pirate? If so, I have a few things in mind. If not, never mind! July 7th, people. Pirates of the Caribbean 2! I'll be there, will you? Have a great day!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

So true, so true. Depp is hot - scurvy or not. Hey that rhymes! Maybe I'll add it to J's lyrics.

Yes we will be there! Maybe not standing in line overnight, dressed up in "character" like some people I know :)

jk

Rancho Robinson said...

Hey! I don't have a "character" costume. I do have a Johnny Depp/Captain Jack t-shirt, but Mom got it for me. :)

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Ok you can wear the shirt but if you show up in a hat or eye patch I'm allowed to give you a hard time about it!

Living Stone said...

Thanks for the something new learned in my day today!!! =)
You guys are so awesome...looking forward to the 6th, and don't wait too long to come walk with us. Kelly needs some motivation to get out and enjoy the weather one of these days...