A Tip From Me
When you call your doctor with a mild concern at 8:30 AM and he doesn't call back all morning but you have a nagging suspicion that you should probably shower and get dressed anyway...just do it.
Otherwise, chances are that he'll call back four hours later demanding that you immediately go to the hospital. You know that you have at least a few more hours to live and could probably at least change your underwear, put on deodorant and brush you teeth but you move like a hobbling bandit and disregard personal hygiene.
And it is absolutely certain that your radiologist who will be doing the dopler ultrasound on your leg looking for blood clots will be young, handsome and wearing a tight fitting gray T-shirt, as all doctors you run across smelling bad, should.
Could I have at least showered? Could he have been old and weird like all the others?
No, these things do not happen to the unprepared.
But at least I don't seem to have a blood clot.
7 comments:
Glad you are okay! I can picture the scenario quite well. Yes, they always want you to come in ASAP when you are least prepared. Did they figure out what brought you in?
I'm having severe leg cramps at night that is causing a lot of soreness and "heavy legs" during the day.
But the area where the soreness is and the heavy legs are congruant with blood clots so they just wanted to be sure I didn't have one forming.
OH, I'm so glad you're OK. LOVED your post about Lindsay being an ultra cool Mom. I've thought the same thing just from reading her blog....and just this week allowed GP to play with more then one color of play-doh at once, so I hear you on the "getting there" part. =) Hope Keith is back to himself...
For the record, I'm sure you weren't the smelliest patient the young, buff, gray shirt clad guy has had to work with. =)
I laughed out loud reading this. I would taken the same route as you in this... except I would've showed up with 3 weeks worth of leg hair too. And I would've tried to make some ridiculous joke like: "Check for blood clots, if you can get past this jungle, ... heh, he... ha." ha. not funny.
Oh, he's lucky it was summer and we just had company. Otherwise, yeah, it would have been bad in the leg/shave department :)
Glad you're ok! That scenario seems to play itself out anytime there's a need to go to the hospital. Otherwise - it never happens that way. You're prepared and don't go. :-)
Too funny! I certainly have not seen any hot dr's at our hospital. It just figures : )
Post a Comment