The kids in front of the electric bus
The Goodall/McElfresh Weekend Was A Blast
Our yearly get together up here just ended. Which is sad, because they are great house guests to have around. And I'm so glad that they've made a point to come up every year because trying to get together in Cincinnati when we visit ends up being a very quick dinner and not a lot of quality time.
This year we started off the weekend with a tour of Miller Brewing Company. As you can see from the pictures, the kids (and I) filled up on lemonade and they kept themselves entertained taking pictures at the Beer Garden.
Later that night the adults went out for German food. The amount of Wiener Schnitzel that was inhaled was ridiculous. I loaded up on Latkes and Perogies.
The next day we took a picnic to the beach where I realized my full paranoia of mixing food, children and sand together and decided that beach picnics will be reserved in the future for entertaining guests only.
Saturday night we put up the bounce house and grilled out at the house.
Sunday the McElfresh's left and we took the Goodalls to Jelly Belly and Culvers where J promptly threw up all over the front cash register area...much to the horror of the Culver cashiers.
Monday the Goodalls hopped on a train and spent the day in Chicago.
Today they left to go endure the 95 degree Cincinnati heat. We enjoyed it guys!
Back to regular scheduled programming...
4 comments:
Uhh! Poor J. Hope he's feeling better. Glad you all had a good visit!
Sounds like you had fun, minus the vomit incident.
Why is it that kids always get sick during events!
I hope he feels better!
Hope all of you are doing well!
OKay- so for future reference... what is the appropriate response to yacking in public places. Do THEY clean? Or do YOU clean? Do you run? Do you freeze? I just would never know. Please, tell all.
Well, although my first reaction was to rush him to the bathroom, Ketih made me keep him on the rug that he was currently making gross and contain it. Which worked out great because as soon as he was done I rolled it up and asked a Culver employee to take it away. Made clean up much easier!
Otherwise he would have left a nasty long trail of puke to the bathroom.
Post a Comment