Birthday Surprise For Me
Sweet 'Stache Don't You Think?
Thankfully he was just kidding. Because no one besides Tom Selleck looks good in one of those things. Except of course your husband...if you are reading this and he has one :)
My birthday was a lot of fun this year. I got breakfast in bed, a morning out with J and my mom, then in the afternoon my mom and I did some shopping without kids and later she watched the kids so Keith and I could go on a date! Yahoo! Free babysitting - we were living La Vida Loca like you people who have free babysitting all the time from family. Oh, you know who you are. The glorious freedom of being clock-free was wonderful.
We went to the Melting Pot for dinner and then to a theater to see the new Harry Potter. Well, I slept through the new Harry Potter. It was late and being pregnant...well, you know. The theater we were at was crazy. It had valet parking (which we didn't use), two restaurants in it and child-care (which we also didn't use). CHILD CARE. Meaning you drop them off at a kid center and go see a movie. WOW. I didn't know such a thing existed.
Thanks for a great day everyone!
10 comments:
At work, we (those not actually sporting the facial hair) call it the Ro-stache. It's issued to sales people along with pleated khaki's and striped golf shirts.
C'mon Karri, it's Packer season and all. I was just trying to get in the spirit.
Do you have any of the few pictures of dad with his stache? Funny! He looked just like that!
Glad you had such a nice birthday :) You deserve it. Hadn't heard of the childcare at the movies - is it like what they have at IKEA?
Happy late Birthday! Sounds like a glorious day!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had fun!
The stache is quite funny.
He looks like a cheesy 70's you know what star.
Happy Birthday Karri! Here's to a wonderful year.
Krystyna
Thanks all.
It is not as cool as the IKEA childcare - I'm sure it is fun but I would feel guilty dropping kids off there for a few hours :)
Happy Belated Birthday - did my birthday reminder email set up let me down?? =)
Sounds like a fabulous day...
I'm so happy you had fun!!!
What theater did you guys go to? I didn't know that existed anywhere around here either.
Also - did you enjoy the Melting Pot. Someone gave us a coupon, and we've been thinking of giving it a shot.
Have a super weekend!!!
Kelly
- need to see more round tummy photos of you....they're so much fun.
I love the Melting Pot - whenever it is my choice for a special dinner, I opt there because I really love cheese fondue. I highly recommend it. The theater is near there - it's called The Majestic in Milwaukee. Owned by Marcus theaters - same as ours. A lot like the new one here just with the extra perks.
Bugger! You've got to get better at being a hint dropper!! No letting on from your end WHATSOEVER that it was your b-day.
I'd go see the HP movie with you again- I loved it the first time thru enough to see it again-- even if you just want a nap.
**side question** What do you shop from when you're pregnant? Maternity clothes??
Linds
Happy birthday!! Glad to hear you were treated like a queen for the day.
Can't believe a theater with valet parking and babysitting?! That's crazy.
Post a Comment