And Lindsay Continues to be Cool Mom
All I got was a short email saying, We're going to cook, put L in clothes that can get dirty.
A. Cool! Lindsay is an incredible baker - and I know she'll send home some goodies.
B. Messy! It's like having someone walk your dog when it's raining out so you don't have to (see previous post on my aversion to mess).
So L went prepared, came home with fabulous made from scratch chocolate chip cookies, and apparently had a super grand time making "spaghetti soup" out of water, playdoh, poppy seeds, corn kernels and flour.
Would I have EVER thought to do that? No. Pretend cooking was such a good idea. And last week Lindsay even painted L's toes a fun shade of blue. She has been wearing sandals to show it off ever since and shows anyone who will look.
Blue is a great shade because it doesn't scream My mom puts me in kiddie pageants and makes me up like a hooker on the weekends at all.
Thanks, Linds. She is already demanding a repaint. I am going to look for orange for Halloween.
5 comments:
The little chefs are so cute! I'm impressed the cookies made it home to get eaten :)
Well, let's just say five came home and each person (except one) got one.
Ummm, I had two.
That is so impressive...is she trying to make the "other" moms feel bad? LOL :) I can't remember the last time I baked with the kids, I believe before I had Tyler.
I like the soup recipe. Glendon is all about cooking, so I'll have to bite my own mess aversion into submission and give it a shot. =)
They are just a creative, artsy family! I'm going to attempt "the soup" as well...eventually :)
Post a Comment