And Today's Stellar Choices...
A catalog featuring new costumes for Halloween just arrived in the mail. The kids had fun paging through it and "deciding" what they wanted to be for Halloween this year. C'mon, help me pick one out for L! Which one would you choose for your young daughter?
This one is called "Spider Geisha" - and unless I am not completely educated on what it means to be a geisha, I'm thinking no?

Or "Ring Leada" - She is described to say knocking out her competition with fashion bravado. Or maybe she is just on her way to a Marilyn Manson circus. Dunno.
"Skulls and Stripes Party Girl" - Poor thing is just there to confuse the older people who answer the door and say "Now, what are you supposed to be?"
Hey Girl! "Rock Diva" is ready to break into some funky grooves for a piece of the candy action! Heya!
Keith's military background made him shudder at the thought of L dressing up as "Major Flirt".
Nothing says pride for our country like fingerless net gloves.
Or maybe there is a costume that says "Over My Cold Dead Body" in this here catalog?
Those plastic masks we used to wear from the drugstore may have been deemed a safety issue, but I'm thinking sending out your adolescent daughter into the darkness in one of these outfits maybe be asking for a bit more trouble.




8 comments:
that just scares me...
the multi-faceted nature of a sheet amazes me...
What if each of you dressed up like a native from another nation? I think Lina would look adorable in a little Indian sahhri.
??
-Linds
That would be cute! I'll keep that in mind for her.
I will be dressed as a very comfortable full-term pregnant chick. :)
Scary! I guess that I'm a little like you, on the careful side. I can just see the dangers, I've heard that there are more kidnappings on Halloween than any other day of the year. Wouldn't those costumes be a true lure for a sick mind?
I didn't know that - that IS a scary statistic.
I don't know why the photos aren't showing up anymore. Maybe spies from Lillian Vernon are trying to sabatoge negative publicity :)
But you can view their entire collection at www.lillianvernon.com
So THERE.
Ok - I went to the website. Boy those are some frightening costumes!! I would NEVER let either of my girls wear them. I remember dressing in a white robe and putting up my hair to look like Princess Leia in Episode 4. I even wore my white snow boots. Now kids are supposed to look like that?? I think NOT!!
I have to share the Halloweeen idea I used for Matt when he was 4. The preschool at church had nusery rhyme day at Halloween so the kids had to dress up as a nursery rhyme character and have the nursery rhyme pinned to their costume....that is kinda hard for a boy...especially if you don't want to put money into it & he wants to look cool and something exciting! Not a farmer or a dog or a cat. We found a nursery rhyme about a bat...yes there is one - found it online!....he dressed in black sweats and sweat shirt & black shoes....we puchased black cat ears at the dollar store and painted his nose......for the wings we used a black trash bag....and scalloped cut them to look like wings.....we put pony tail holders (from E's hair collection) at the tips of the wings so they could go around his wrist and he could hold them out like real wings.......then since we made the wings on the fold of the black trash bag we hand basted (yes sewed with thread & needle!) the wings along the fold that was centered down the back of the sweat shirt......huge success and he looked soooooo cute.........cost all of a dollar & a trash bag..........and he had room to move his arms because we made sure there was enough wing slack and when he needed to he could unhook his hands and the wings just hung out of the way on his back..............just an idea for all of you with litle boys and don't want to go scary -- its a nice compromise!!!!!!!
Kathy
Kathy - that is a great idea! I'm going to try and persuade J to do that this year. Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment