Thursday, August 02, 2007

Maybe tomorrow I will blog about my sheer grumpiness lately and the fact that it is 85 degrees in my house. But today I will share my latest obsession...



Decorating baby's room.



First I found this:





I decided, even against my own "No more Stuffed Animals" policy, that Julien Le Chien was the perfect inspiration in colors and design. So then I found this:And I have always loved Dwell Baby stuff and thought this crib skirt would go well with the new "Parisian Doggy" Theme. Part of grumpiness is knowing that I have to decorate on a tight, tight, budget too. Dwell Baby is eating up 1/3 of said budget. But VERY excited to find this:



These Pier One drapes were on clearance at Big Lots for $13 a panel. Woo Hoo! And I already had this:



A great Eiffel Tower lamp that I got Keith for his "groom present" since we were going to Paris on our honeymoon. It's been in storage for a while now. I'm too lazy to take a picture of it so I snagged this one off of Ebay.


And just found - I remembered that we have a bunch of M. Sasek books - this being one of them. So our wall art is taken care of - as soon as I can get up the courage to rip pages out of a VERY nice book. Free Art!




This is the first child, believe it or not, that I have done a nursery for. J was born two days before we moved into a new house and L slept in our room until we moved here because our house was a two bedroom. So now to find a throw rug and fabric for the rocker...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

the dog inspired the whole room...
What an eye you have! Can't wait to see it. Are you going to paint? Gosh, the thought of pregnant women on ladders with rollers- always sends me into my own mental labor... please call me if you need help.
PS- it's Linds

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri-
Hope all is well. Our computer crashed so we lost Everything...SCREAM Did I mention EVERYTHING! We leave in 1 week for Alaska! I need your email address.
Sarah J.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the dog theme - great find! I hope to visit and play nanny to J & L when the babes is born. Sooo excited!

Jenn said...

I love the dog and the colors! How unique for a child's room - and very fun. Not the usual pastel (which gets old too quick!). Great job finding everything that you want at the best price possible. I love it!! Can't wait to see a pic of it when it's finished.

Anonymous said...

Awesome look! BOTH you and Keith have an eye for design.
-KS

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Thanks All!

And Linds - NO I am not painting - no worries. I am either leaving it the color it is which is a taupe if it looks nice or I'll make Keith paint :)

But he's slated to do both kids rooms this fall so I'm trying not to add one more...

Katy said...

Ezra has that same Dwell bedding. I must say that I loved the way it looked but it's not the softest. I think he likes his ugly tshirt back up sheet better :)

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Really? That's good to know.

I only got the crib skirt and am going to use plain crib sheets from Babiesrus or wherever to save money. I bought crib sheets from some Target line once and they sucked too!

Anonymous said...

I recommend "The Ultimate Bed Sheet", to go under any other sheet set. It really helps when there are any leaks, as it has a "plasticy/vinyl" on one side of it so you never have to worry about the mattress.
KS

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Ooh, good tip Kelly - thanks!

just4ofus said...

Very cute. Now I am lost.
Is it a boy or girl? Or are you still confused too?

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

We are *pretty sure* it's a boy!