Thursday, August 16, 2007

L displaying her newest medium of choice



I Am B.O.R.E.D. and Why Lindsay Is A Much Cooler Mom Than Me

L has been coming home each week from the Knapp house with great adventures and fun projects. One day as I picked her up, both she and Jackson Knapp were covered in finger paints and happily showing me their wet, sloppy creations. I love that she gets to do this stuff and I love even more that it is not at my house. And therefore I crown Lindsay the "Cool Mom of the Year" for doing it with two two-year-olds. The stuff comes off like water but my anal retentive side that does not allow for such fun times, watching in silent horror as they ran around the Knapp's art room grabbing onto all things not paper. I have just graduated to allowing playdoh colors to be mixed, lid-free water cups in the living room and yesterday bought glitter glue for the first time ever. I'm getting there...just not quite that far yet.

The stomach bug that hit J and his friend Kera this weekend was thought to have gone away but only to be found inside Keith a few days later. Which is not surprising considering he dealt with all bodily fluids this weekend while I stayed far, far away. Luckily, it is a quick 24-hour bug that knocks you out completely but goes away pretty quickly. I've never seen him like that. As he lay on the floor next to the toilet with his head propped up on two damp towels, I tried to sympathize with his puking "let me die now, I don't want to live" feeling and all I got was a short weak snipe of yeah, I know you did this three times for months on end - yours was just as bad, if not worse...I KNOW.

Well, I was just going for For once I truly know how awful you feel and I'm so sorry, but when you put it that way....

And beyond that I've kept myself busy with projects but trying to reserve as much energy as possible too since I wasn't sure when Keith would come back into the picture. For some reason the hours in the days this week have grown longer and longer.

Tell me, is school starting soon?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your F.U.N.N.Y.

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

I K.N.O.W. :)