Always a fun visit, she is missed dearly here at the house. We managed to get quite a few walks in and a lot of nice downtime.
This time, she even sent us packing to Chicago for a much, much, much...did I say much?...needed getaway. (Note, last adult vacation without children was before L was even conceived) While J and L were busy showing her around our town, we did some sightseeing, sleeping in, movie watching and quiet eating in the windy city. We also saw this:
And did this:
Plus a night at the Art Institute kid-free was wonderful. I am a big fan of the European Art, Asian and early American so we made sure to hit those first. But of course the big fun comes from watching me react to the ridiculousness that is the "Contemporary Wing". I, for the most part, HATE contemporary art. I'm sorry but drawing a grey dot on a white canvas does not equal quality in my book. Keith finds my tirade amusing and we leave wishing we could just come up with the intellectual reason for drawing a red square on the floor and making the patrons understand that it therefore means "united, forlorn, emotional and a stance against oppression"
Because, really, it is all in the marketing, eh? Our "favorite" was the stack of 11x14 pantone grey papers that you were, according to the sign, welcome to take with you. You see, there are 48,000 sheets in the stack and at the end of each night they are completely replaced. So no matter how many are gone, they are always replenished therefore signifying a never ending cycle. Or some sort of freakin' meaning like that. So we took ours, found a feather in the men's bathroom and made our own "art" out of it. See below.
Who really cares that I don't have talent? I could have been an artist.




1 comment:
You are a true artist....I love it.
On a serious note though, I would have to say that You do create beautiful art - with your home and family....you have a knack for artistry of the sincerest sort that many of us need to pursue....glad you guys had such a good time.
Post a Comment