Wednesday, September 06, 2006

J reunited with Ethan

J anticipates his new classroom


L's insulated lunchbag also doubles as a cute purse


BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We here at the house are very excited in anticipation of the school year. Both kids are going this year - L just part-part-time and J in Pre-K. And today went really well, J did great at school and so did L. Usually when I leave her in childcare either at MOPS, church or at the gym she has fun but starts sobbing and running to me the minute I appear. After a long day I was ready for the tears but she saw me, smiled a huge smile and sprinted to my arms. Not a tear in sight. Now if I could only say the same for me...

And what was I suppose to do with myself today? Everything pointed toward running errands and a much needed gutting of L's closet. But Keith kicked me out of the house with my current read Life of Pi, locked the door behind me and told me not to come back. So for two hours I sat at JavaVino and sipped hot chocolate and read my book.

Bliss. The closets can wait. Thanks Keith.

Here is L's Teacher Note from today:

Disposition: Happy, Quiet, Friendly

L had a wonderful first day! She enjoyed our songs, stories and LOVED playing in the gym! She had a great time during our walk outside too. L did a great job at lunch, although she had a bit of trouble sitting down. She laid down quietly at rest time and fell asleep easily.

L was a joy to have!

Who is THAT child? Asleep? Quiet? Sheesh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

J and L we are so proud of you for being such great students! Have a great school year - we love you!

Anonymous said...

My goodness I can't believe Lina is in school already!!!! I think I'll be holding on tight to Tyler when the time comes!

Anonymous said...

Hey that is so great - the reading break that Keith gave you!!! I'm also proud of your wonderful children. You're going to have to tell me about this L going to school thing....how part time is it? Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday. Hope you heard about the online registration...I'll email.