Friday, September 29, 2006

The Home Tour - Or As We Like To Call It - Mandatory Spring Cleaning

Well, the tour is over. We can now go back to leaving socks, shoes and coats on the staircase, plastic children's toys in the playroom and sections of the newspaper on the floor near the couch. As we know it will never look like this again. But it was nice for the moment and we took many, many pictures to immortalize the occasion. Nina was quite the slave-driver. Those baseboards look better than the day we moved in.

See children? Didn't you live in such a clean, well organized house?

I have had quite a few people bugging me to send photos of the house anyway - so I thought I would just post them here for easy viewing. The tour was very successful - six houses, eight hundred people, a five hour period. We relocated the children for the day and enjoyed peering into our neighbors homes as well.

As one person who went through it asked: Do you ever have any clutter?

Um, NO. NEVER. It ALWAYS looks like this!

And now I have pictures to prove it!













3 comments:

Rancho Robinson said...

The house looks great!!! You guys have done such a wonderful job with it. But of course, you guys have a great knack for decorating anyways. The house suits you so well. There is a reason you will never see pictures of the insides of our house. Well, at least not until we get a new house! Ha!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Um, I HAVE seen your house in pictures that your mom had - and I think you have done it so well! I love your new "mission" look. Very cool. I love the Southwestern stuff.
Karri

Anonymous said...

Your house rocks - you ALL really did a great job with the new furniture, reorganizing and decorating! I'm sure the minute everyone left, your house was back to it's "normal" self!!! Can't wait to visit and add to its neatness.