LostWhat is on your TV?
It's embarrassing to admit sometimes the things you watch on TV. It's annoying to think about the amount of time you spend tuning out to then tune in and yet it is something we all enjoyed doing from time to time. And while I would like to say that I only watch NOVA documentaries and HGTV, sometimes it's much, much worse. And that is not to say that we watch loads of television. The kids are very limited in their viewing and there are many nights that Keith and I will read or play games and not even turn on the TV. But it's there - 0ur little friend that we always go to sleep to.
So I thought, why not just put it out there? For good or bad (and some of it's bad, believe me) this is what our TIVO has been recording recently when there is a new episode:
World's Most Extreme Homes
Mission Organization
Number 1 Single (We like watching Lisa Loeb whine about her dating life. I mean really? If she can't find someone - that is not a good sign.)
Who's The Boss reruns (dorky, I know but I'm adding it so I should get points for truth)
Charmed (although I think I've seen every one now in reruns, so I'm moving on)
Everwood
Commander in Chief
Related
Reba
Gilmore Girls
Still Standing
The Office
My Name is Earl
It's embarrassing to admit sometimes the things you watch on TV. It's annoying to think about the amount of time you spend tuning out to then tune in and yet it is something we all enjoyed doing from time to time. And while I would like to say that I only watch NOVA documentaries and HGTV, sometimes it's much, much worse. And that is not to say that we watch loads of television. The kids are very limited in their viewing and there are many nights that Keith and I will read or play games and not even turn on the TV. But it's there - 0ur little friend that we always go to sleep to.
So I thought, why not just put it out there? For good or bad (and some of it's bad, believe me) this is what our TIVO has been recording recently when there is a new episode:
World's Most Extreme Homes
Mission Organization
Number 1 Single (We like watching Lisa Loeb whine about her dating life. I mean really? If she can't find someone - that is not a good sign.)
Who's The Boss reruns (dorky, I know but I'm adding it so I should get points for truth)
Charmed (although I think I've seen every one now in reruns, so I'm moving on)
Everwood
Commander in Chief
Related
Reba
Gilmore Girls
Still Standing
The Office
My Name is Earl
Las Vegas
Survivor
Survivor
Scrubs
Lost
Invasion
The OC
Desperate Housewives
Comedy Remix
Comedy Remix
The Daily Show
Talk Soup
Family Guy
Movies sitting on there waiting to be watched:
Annie
Stand by Me
About a Boy
Karate Kid II (that's right II, I don't want to hear it)
Disney's Escape From Witch Mountain (The Marionette scene was one of my favorites growing up - wanted to see it again)
Movies sitting on there waiting to be watched:
Annie
Stand by Me
About a Boy
Karate Kid II (that's right II, I don't want to hear it)
Disney's Escape From Witch Mountain (The Marionette scene was one of my favorites growing up - wanted to see it again)
And of course the kid shows: Dora, Backyardagans, JoJo's Circus, Higgley Town Heros, Thomas, Wonder Pets and Little Einsteins. But they usually end up just watching an episode of Little Einsteins and a Wonder Pet. I don' t know why we even bother taping anything else.
So there you go - our dirty secrets are out.
What's yours?


6 comments:
Since I work from home (and when I am not at an event or meeting), I have no choice but to tune in to: the Today Show (7-10am), the 10!Show (local news program that highlights new "stuff" in Philly - great for work purposes), The View (11am-12noon), and then whatever sounds interesting then on. Although I shouldn't turn on the tube while working (just like I wasn't allowed to watch TV while doing homework), it's good background noise (I can only listen the same CDs for so long).
In the evening: 24, Lost, Invasion, My Name is Earl, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, & Sopranos. Oh, and can't forget E! News & Entertainment Tonight!
I can't even escape TV at the gym since each and every machine has its own flat screen TV. What has this world come to?
Good for you, coming clean Jen! Actually I know how little you watch TV yet when you see it written down doesn't it look like a lot?!
I always have the TV on more when alone - it's good company even when you're not watching it.
I watch WAY too much tv now. Mostly because it's winter and my back always hurts, so I sit in my lazy chair flipping channels a lot!! We tape 24, Amazing Race, Lost, Survivor, CSI, Without a Trace, Cold Case, and Ghost Wisperer (I already get crap from hubby so don't go there!).
I don't know what I'd do without it...isn't that bad?!
Oh darn - add Ghost Whisperer to my list too - a recent add on when reruns starting to take over the other shows...sigh...I get the same crap from my husband too.
Well, here goes...you can usually find me watching the following shows when I get home from school: City Confidential, American Justice, Cold Case Files (all on A&E), The Simpsons, X-files (re-runs), just about anything on HGTV, and of course, my favorite...Early Edition. Although I'm quite bummed that DirecTV is cancelling the station that carries it. Now that would be MY TV shows...Chris' are a different matter altogether. Plop him in front of the TV with the Sci-Fi station on and he'll be happy as a clam. Stargate SG1 and X-files are the most common right now.
I love XFiles too. I used to TIVO the reruns as well.
Post a Comment