Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Cincinnati Shower

Henry with Aunt Lena. She's the only other Lena in our family. It gets a bit confusing with both in the room - neither is used to sharing the name with someone else.


Donna and Ashley. Ashley was my flower girl in our wedding. And now she drives a car and is looking at colleges. I feel old.


The two pregnant chicks. Carolyn- the guest of honor this particular day- is on the left. April is about to have her fourth child.

Julie and the Long girls, Aunt Jean, and little Henry smile for the camera. They are so sweet and adorable. And were so good the whole day.


Tracy feeds baby Henry (Ahem, also my godson, my FIRST godson. SOMEONE out there thinks I am capable of mentoring his spiritual existence). Plus, he's a cutie.


Nina and L. L puttered around for part of the shower and then went down for an afternoon nap. I love that my children are portable.

It was a fast and hectic trip as usual but we were a little better about pacing ourselves. As usual, we enjoyed staying with Amie and Jason and J enjoyed a daddy's day out with Keith, Jude and Jason to see the Curious George movie while L and I were at the shower. We also got to hit a bar one night with the McElfresh/Goodall gang to hear the good news that Molly and Scott are expecting a baby of their own. And of course quality time with Grandpa was a must. After that it was on to Dayton to say hi to our Richter family. We missed seeing many people but hope to catch them in a month or two on our next stop.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Karri! It's Julie in Cincinnati from the playgroup! I can't BELIEVE how big and ADORABLE Lina is! OMG, she is precious!!!!!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Hello! Thanks, we like her :)

Although right now she is pulling a "no nap" stunt that is really ticking me off. Go figure that I have been able to get her brother to take naps again and now she has quit!
Sigh...
Good to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed you :( I'm sure it's hard to find time to spend with ALL the people on short trips! Hopefully you can make a visit by over the summer and visit with our new member. We can plan a playdate at my house or something. We miss you guys!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

We will definitely put you on our list for the next trip!