Friday, March 24, 2006

(L is never without binks and dollbaby)

My Quirky Girl.

J may be my outgoing one, my type A child and the kid who has never met a stranger he didn't love - but L seems to be the quirky, quiet one.

For example:

She doesn't talk much - she tends to be quiet, hasn't even said Mama really but the other day as Keith passed by the playroom she yells out quite audibly, "Hi Dad!"

When she doesn't like something, her idea of a temper tantrum is to lay down on the floor in silent protest until she feels her point has been made and then gets up and moves on.

Another form of verbal displeasure is to blow short puffs of air out of her mouth and stare at you. If you continue to tell her no she'll slam her hand down on the tray or throw her milk cup on the floor and watch intensely for your reaction.

All you have to do is yell "L dance!" and she immediately starts rockin' her hips like the dancing Santa and shaking her head. The girl loves to move.

She loves wrestling with J. Although it stresses me out, she thinks it is quite fun to head butt J to get him to throw her down on the floor. While they are both laughing, I am sure that his head lock is cutting off all of her airways.

And today, most notably, she said "Bye"

Way to go, L.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being quiet is not all bad. I'm quiet and I know you don't think I'm quirky. By the way I was reading a book about Okinawa and did you know the siblings fight over the ageing parents because they consider them a National Treasure and they want to take care of them. Interesting isn't it.

Sayonare Karri-San

Anonymous said...

Lina is sweet and thoughtful, but strong at the same time. And the girl sure can boogie :) We love you Lina.

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Wow.

That is interesting.

I would DEFINITELY visit you if you moved to Okinawa!!

Anonymous said...

Oh she'll be talking your ear off soon enough!!! I like her kinds of fits, sounds about Nicholas' speed. She'll be your easy one! Always wanting to not upset mommy!