Saturday, March 25, 2006

ours is metallic black

Bonnie's New Bud

So we got a babysitter last night to do some car browsing and eat in Milwaukee. Instead, we decided to get a Chrysler Pacifica and eat fast food in Racine. Although the night didn't turn out exactly as we had planned, we got an awesome deal and a sweet new ride.

Car shopping at the end of the month and without the scent of desperation apparently is the magic key. By trading in our Subaru, with our Chrysler employee discount (long story) and a $4,000 rebate, we were able to get our new car for a lower monthly payment than we are paying now and it will be paid off around the same time our Subaru was even due to be paid off. It worked perfectly into our new debt reduction plan.

How can you say no that THAT?

And best part of all, we have our three rows of seats now and are ready for carpools and visitors. You no longer have to sit sandwiched between the kids, Jen.

So here's to the first American made car we've ever purchased (it may be American made, but it was German designed)!

And to our Bonneville's new friend. I mean how can you not love a car endorsed by Celine Dion?

And to being able to avoid the minivan (I KNOW you all love your vans so no retorts needed)!

We are formulating a reason to drive it today. I think we're headed out for a fun day of post office errands and to buy a shoe rack.

4 comments:

Living Stone said...

Congratulations....We just got our new ride two weeks ago, so I totally hear you on the formulating a reason to drive around....I can't wait to see your wheels. You'll have to show them off to us tonight!!!
~K

Living Stone said...

So now, having seen the new ride in person I can honestly say...sweet wheels!! Thanks again for dinner tonight...it was marvelous to be with you all again!!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Hey, and yours too!

We really enjoyed dinner with you guys - anytime.
K

Anonymous said...

Oh so glad you got more room! Doesn't it feel SOOO good?! You'll be driving to places you don't need to go all week!

Aaron still hates the minivan statues we have taken on. He keeps mentioning the new audi such and such will have third row seats for a mear 49 thousand. HA! Maybe when the kids get bigger. But then again, I have tall kids so the minivan may be be the only roomy thing for us. Suck it up Aaron!